Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Something about being muddy just doesn't appeal to me...

Don't get me wrong...I would love to run outside. I NEED to run outside. The majority of my "training" had been on my treadmill, which I know just isn't quite the same. 















I say "training" because I didn't follow any specific runner-endorsed plan. I just kind of made one up and started running. I started with running 1/4 mile. Repeat three times. Then I ran 1/2 mile. I made it to running 2 miles straight, and it fell apart. I got the stomach flu. Then I got a sinus infection. Then I was just lazy for a bit. Last week I ran 10.25 miles. I'm refocused, and determined to run (most of) this 5K.

Absurd training ramble over.

Back to my point. I can't run outside, because something about traipsing through the mud just doesn't suit me.

















I do have some awful cute rain boots...but they aren't really designed for running.
















Frankly, I don't want to get my running shoes wet and muddy. I've yet to buy a back-up pair. To be honest, I really hope that I get there. I hope that I get to the point where I don't care if it's raining, snowing, etc. That I'll lace up my Brooks and run irregardless. But I'm not there yet. So for now, I'll stick to what I know best, even if I also know that it isn't best for me.




















TODAY:

~Running: 3.5 miles
~Yoga:Undecided

To be honest, I'm a bit distracted. My husband and I are in the process of adopting another dog. Jasmine was abused as a puppy...left out in the yard until her collar was deeply embedded in her neck. I met her at the dog park, fell in love, and the rest is history.














Enough rambling for the day. It's time for me to run...

No comments:

Post a Comment